I was asked what is the 60 second brief on OrthoK so here are my high points along with a video.
Orthokeratology – or·tho·kera·tol·o·gy – a treatment for improving vision by altering the shape of the cornea through the application of corneal molds that are worn while you sleep.
- Safely improves your vision, usually to 20/20
- Greatly slows the progression of nearsightedness in children
- Safer than refractive surgery
- It’s reversible
- FDA approved in 2002
- Great option for patients that are contact lens intolerant or have dry eyes
- Allows you to see clearly all day – some patients experience more than 1 day of clear vision after 1 night of wear
- Available for both children and adults
Adult patients, kids, and parents alike express amazement at how we can alter or mold the shape of the cornea with a contact lens, resulting in clear vision during the day without the need for glasses. It’s not magic, the science is very well established and FDA approved. We remold the cornea like what is done in LASIK. The difference is that Ortho-K achieves this without the use of a laser, it is reversible, and it is easily modifiable.
Check out the video below and see what patients are saying about Orthokeratology. If you want to know more about Orthokeratology call our office for a free consultation 817.416.0333 or visit www.OrthoKDoctor.com