Occasionally I depart from the usual eye care related topics and branch into something that I feel people might find useful. My internet browser of choice is Firefox. I only use Internet Explorer when absolutely necessary, which is a very rare event indeed. What I like about Firefox is that you can customize it with addons. There are thousands of addons available for Firefox. Here are a few of my must have favorites. I use everyone of these daily.
- Tab Mix Plus – Adds increased options and functionality to Firefox’s current tab system
- Unites States English Dictionary – a spell checker
- Google Toolbar for Firefox – search Google from the browser without going to the website, includes other helpful items as well
- Adblock Plus – gets rid of pop ups and advertisements, you can tell it which pages you want the ads removed
- Delicious Bookmarks – Store your bookmarks online and categorize them. Decline the option to install Yahoo’s Toolbar, Google’s is better
- ForecastFox – gives you weather in the bottom right corner of the browser
- Gmail Manager – Much better way to access your Gmail, especially if you have multiple accounts
- IE Tab – sometimes only Internet Explorer works, usually only needed for an E-Commerce site
- Remember the Milk for Gmail – My todo list integrated with Gmail
- Sxipper – Gives me the option to enter my passwords at logon screens
That’s it those are my must have Firefox Browser Extensions/Addons. You can search for other Firefox addons at the Firefox Addon Website. I have also reviewed addons that are available to patients with impaired vision.